Copyright © 2011-2012, COMM 2012. All rights reserved.
The COMM 2010 Conference will be held at the National Military Palace, in the heart of Bucharest, the capital of Romania.
The history of the National Military Palace starts in December 15th 1876, when it was created to build a camaraderie spirit between officers of all ranks and branches, as well as for their family members. For 50 years the Palace has been situated in different buildings in Bucharest. Its actual residency started to be built in 1911 and was finished in 1923. The construction was funded mainly from the personal contributions of the officers (about 80%) and from various donations and loans. The Palace was risen in the historical center of Bucharest, at the crossroad between two important boulevards, Calea Victoriei and Regina Elisabeta. Its style is neoclassic eclectic with typical French monumentality.
The venue can be conveniently reached within 5 minutes by foot from the Universitate subway station or from the station of the 61, 66, 68, 70, 85, 90, 91 and 92 trolleys.
The two main transport operators in Bucharest are Metrorex (subway) and RATB (surface mass transportation).